DEVELOPMENT PLANNING UNIT
The development planning unit is one of the units under the central administration department. The development planning unit exist to perform the following functions:
- The unit serves us planning secretariat for the district planning coordinating unit (DPCU).
- It serves as the focus for development planning of the district.
- It coordinates and harmonize all development efforts (plans) of all departments, units, and sections into a single document called the District Medium Term Development Plan (DMTDP).
- It performs research roles into development issues. That is social and economic.
- It also performs the role of working on strategic documents or plans.
- It ensures that all developmental efforts of the district is geared towards achieving the national goal.
- Monitor and evaluate the development policies, Programmes and projects in the district.
- Compile data that will be of relevance for further planning and decision making purposes.
- Carry studies on development planning matters in the district including studies on economic, social, spatial, environmental, sectoral and human settlements issues and policies.